Thursday, May 1, 2008

They're mistakes that make us perfect


Author: Abdel Rahman Ahmed
Country: Egypt

Last week, I was checking my portofolio where I used to put all my stories, my certificates, my school stuff and everything, I had this one since SO long, I guess from fifth grade, Everytime I wrote something or got some certificate, I put them there.


Anyways, I crossed a lot of stories and essays I've written since fourth grade, seeing myself developing and growing year after year, my vision became more clear about alot of things. I just remember every English class when I stood up and narrate a story or discussed a topic I wrote, I very much remember My teacher's smile! Although I checked it many times but this time was very different, I saw how many grammar, vocabulary and spelling mistakes were there!

They were countless! The funny thing was that I was laughing, I couldn't believe that I had all these mistakes, I kept picking a really HUGE number of mistakes.


I checked essay after another and I observed how much I grew in every stage in my life! till now! I felt PROUD, very PROUD! I didn't feel afraid from failing that time, I kept going and going, although I didn't have a certain vision where exactly I'm going, but it was the echo in me that made me feel I'm going on the right track!


I just concluded something from this:

"When we develop from stage to another and when we take a step forward, the backward steps seem very little and very easy to get even though It was very hard to be achieved in that time, we may laugh at ourselves when we see our mistakes, we may forget them because they seem as a blur BUT the only things that last with us are the lessons that made us STRONGER, PROUD and PERFECT."


I respect the lessons I've learnt from each step, from the experience I had from every failure and the mistakes that will make me PERFECT maybe not today, maybe not tommorow but It will someday!

5 comments:

Waed S. said...

Very well said my friend !!
One should never be afraid to make mistakes and fail every once in a while !

cheers !

Noor said...

have 2 agree with waed, ur article is just too good, i remember going through what u went through, looking at my journals, and finding a bilizion mistakes but i was just writing it, never knowing that what i wrote helped my english get to what it is now. :)

thanks alot for writing the article in such short notice and for bearing me on nagging on you. you're the best!!!!

deadman walking said...

you never learn if you never make mistakes, unless you think you are perfect and thats the biggest mistake (:

sucks or not, it's mine said...

well, we'll never be perfect, an we'll never stop making mistakes, but our mistakes change. and the most important thing is that we learn something from our mistakes not just keep making them.
I totally relate to what you've said, because it happened to me. :)
good job Abdelrahman.

Ashok said...

Mistakes are an integral part of learning, no doubt about that. But very well said my friend :) Keep the articles coming.